apprenticeships

I'm an employer

Scarborough TEC provides innovative training solutions while offering the very best in educational opportunities, working in partnership with employers in our region to deliver Apprenticeships that will help out future economy to thrive.

The National Minimum Apprenticeship wage went up to £4.30 from £4.15 per hour on 1st April 2021. Please be aware, if you have an Apprentice on this wage that has been furloughed, they are entitled to their 80% furlough pay, however the other 20% does have to be topped up by their employer, with them being on a low wage bracket.

Find out more from the Government guide to quality Apprenticeships.

Any questions, please do get in touch! We are here to help.

Benefits include:

  • Improve your bottom lines

    Apprenticeships deliver real returns, helping you to improve productivity and be more competitive.

  • Keep your workforce motivated

    Apprentices tend to be eager, motivated, flexible and loyal to the company that invested in them. 78% of employers reported improved productivity.

  • Fill your skills gaps

    Apprenticeships deliver skills designed around your business needs, providing the skilled workers of the future. 86% of employers said Apprenticeships developed skills relevant to their organisation with 90% of Apprentices stay on in their place of work after completing an apprenticeship.

What is an Apprenticeship?

An apprenticeship is a job with training to industry standards. It should be about entry to a recognised occupation, involve a substantial programme of on and off-the-job training and the apprentice’s occupational competence should be tested by an independent, end point assessment.

Apprenticeships are employer-led: employers set the standards, create the demand for apprentices to meet their skills needs, fund the apprenticeship and are responsible for employing and training the apprentice. But the needs of the apprentice are equally important: to achieve competence in a skilled occupation, which is transferable and secures long term earnings potential, greater security and the capability to progress in the workplace.

The Occupation and Standard

Entry to a recognised occupation which can be transferred to other relevant employers and is sufficiently skilled to require employment and training of at least a year’s duration with 20% of the time in off the job training
A written standard approved by the Institute, which fully defines the occupation in terms of the responsibilities and tasks involved and the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to achieve competence

Apprenticeship Levy

Our Apprenticeship Levy page is to help you understand all you need to know about the Apprenticeship Levy, how it will affect your business and how to ensure that your employees have the right skill sets to benefit your business.

The launch of the Apprenticeship Levy in April 2017 was designed to encourage employers to use apprenticeship programmes, either for new staff or to upskill an existing workforce, and help reduce the skills gap within the UK’s workforce. The Apprenticeship Levy will be applied to all industries in the UK.

ASK US A QUESTION

Still not sure what your obligations are and what is involved please contact us and we will get back to you.

Ask A Question

Close