Face coverings – 29th November 2021
Face coverings should be worn in communal areas and close contacts of people with the new Covid variant Omicron should isolate for 10 days, regardless of vaccination status. If you have been in close contact with someone with the Omicron variant, you will be contacted directly by NHS track and trace and instructed to isolate. Students should continue to wear face coverings on public and college transport.
We are asking you to wear face coverings in all corridors, social areas, food services areas etc and only remove them when you are seated and eating and drinking.
Coronavirus lateral flow and PCR testing for students – 31st March 2021
Anyone who is currently undertaking lateral flow testing for Covid-19 at home should be aware of some recent changes that have been made by the Government to the procedure you will need to follow if you receive a positive result.
Anyone who receives a positive result after taking their lateral flow test must now get a confirmatory PCR test within two days of receiving their result. The PCR test should be booked immediately either online here or by calling 119.
If you receive a positive result from a lateral flow test – You must immediately self-isolate, along with close contacts and other members of your household, in line with NHS – Test & Trace guidance and contact Scarborough TEC on (01723) 372105 while awaiting the PCR result.
If the PCR test is positive – You must continue to self-isolate, along with your close contacts and other members of your household, following the NHS – Test & Trace guidance and advise Scarborough TEC by calling (01723) 372105.
If the PCR test is negative – The negative result overrides the lateral flow test and you and your close contacts and other members of your household can stop self-isolating. Please contact Scarborough TEC by calling (01723) 372105 to advise of the negative result.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe!
Commencement of home-testing for students
All students who have given their consent to take part in lateral flow testing for Covid-19 at College are now invited to collect their first set of at-home testing kits from the Library at Scarborough TEC, in order for them to start self-testing twice weekly at home.
Each testing kit includes three tests, with full instructions on how to take the test and submit the results to NHS Test & Trace. There is an expectation that students who collect their kits will continue testing over the Easter break and each student will be supplied with three testing kits to allow for the testing to continue.
If a student wishes to take part in the self-testing it is important they complete the consent form on the following link: Register your consent for Coronavirus testing at Scarborough TEC
If any student tests positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) during the holidays they should advise the College by calling (01723) 372105 and then follow contact tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace.
Scarborough TEC plans to return to on campus delivery from Monday 8th March
In line with the recent government announcement, Scarborough TEC will be reopening to all Further & Higher Education students and Apprentices from Monday 8th March.
We are now preparing to return to on campus delivery from this date and would like to highlight the following important information:
- All lessons will be run as per normal timetabled sessions. Students should contact their Programme Leader or Success Coach if they are unclear about their current timetable.
- There is an expectation for all students and staff to continue wearing a face covering when in social spaces and circulation areas. In addition, the government has requested that they are also worn in classrooms and workshops where social distancing of 2m cannot be maintained. If students or staff are medically exempt from wearing a mask they will continue to be exempt.
- All students will be offered three Coronavirus tests, on a voluntary basis, on their return. Information will be sent to all students with details of how to access these tests and the plans to offer further home-testing kits once the initial three tests have been conducted.
- We recognise that returning to site can be a big step and will be challenging for some of our students. The Wellbeing in Mind team, who offer emotional, mental health and wellbeing support to our students, will be available to any student requiring support before or on their return to campus. Students should speak to the relevant Success Coach who will provide information on how to access this service.
- Any student who accesses support for travel on public transport to College through the Bursary, should ensure their digital ticket is ready to be activated on the app before their first day of travel.
- Any student who currently receives Free College Meals through the Bursary will have all payments from 8th March made to their student college account so they can purchase meals in Waves when on campus. For any questions about Travel Support or access to Free College Meals please contact us by email to [email protected] or calling (01723) 356104.
If any student or parent/carer has any questions they can contact their Programme Leader or Success Coach for more information.
- For any student who has a question regarding their coursework or has an educational need, please speak to your Programme Leader or Tutor.
- If a student is having trouble accessing/logging into their Canvas or Office 365, please email [email protected].
- If you have any Safeguarding concerns during this time please call 07795 612116 or email [email protected].
- For all other enquiries please email [email protected] and one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.
If any student or staff member presents symptoms of Covid-19 it is important that they self-isolate at home and arrange a test as soon as possible. You can find out more about the symptoms here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
If any student or staff member lives in a household with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, or has been contacted by the NHS Track and Trace scheme, they must self-isolate following the Government’s current guidance, which can be found here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/
If any student or parent/carer has any questions we are asking them to contact the appropriate Programme Leader/Tutor or Success Coach for more information.
Coronavirus testing for students
- If you consent to being tested for Covid-19 through lateral flow testing by completing the form, you will be invited to take your tests on specific days/times by your Programme Leader in order to maintain social distancing.
- Please complete all the required details to ensure we have the necessary information to process your test when you attend the testing centre.
- Once a student has been provided with the home-testing kit they will be required to complete the test at home and provide the results, following the instructions they will be given.
Coronavirus Update – Asymptomatic testing information for parents and adults in households with children at school or college
- Through your employer, if they offer testing to employees
- By collecting a home test kit from a local test site – anyone aged 18 or over can collect 2 packs of 7 tests
- By ordering a home test kit online – please do not order online if you can access testing through other routes, this frees up home delivery for those who need it most.