Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
This qualification will provide you with an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur as well as increasing your knowledge on diabetes diagnosis and initial care. You will develop an awareness of how Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes and will learn about on-going care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
Search for another course
Distance Learning enables the learner to study remotely at a time and place that suits them.
The learning materials will be provided and each learner will receive professional support and guidance throughout their course.
Average Completion Time: 50 Hours however this may differ depending on the learner.
Entry Requirements: Minimum Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy
Submission Dates: 1 Unit to be submitted every 2 weeks
Completion Methods Available: Paper Resources/Paper Assessment, Paper Resources/Online Assessment, Online Resources/Online Assessment
For more information about our courses please take a look at our Induction Guide https://sway.office.com/N26jU7ll8ZoQovD5?ref=Link
Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes is split into 4 manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand diabetes
Unit 2: Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
Unit 3: Understand the initial care of diabetes
Unit 4: Understand treatment and management of diabetes
This course is Fully funded to anyone who meets the Eligibility Criteria.
Eligibility criteria as follows:
- Candidates must be aged 19 or over on 1st August 2021
- Candidates age 19-23 must already hold a full Level 2 qualification
- Candidates must have lived within the EU for the last 3 years
- Not enrolled onto any other course and must not have completed their chosen course previously
If the learner meets the eligibility criteria these distance learning courses will be provided FREE OF CHARGE within the following guidelines: –
- Learners must complete their training successfully within the agreed time scales which will be set at time of induction. Where work is not completed by the expected end date or the candidate withdraws from the course a standard £125 fee per person will be payable by the person undertaking the training.
IF YOUR POST CODE IS LOCATED IN ONE OF THE DEVOLVED AREAS BELOW YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING WITH SCARBOROUGH TEC.
- Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- West Midlands Combined Authority
- Cambridge and Peterborough Combined Authority
- Tees Valley Combined Authority
- Greater London Authority
- West of England Combined Authority
- North of Tyne Combined Authority
- Sheffield City Region Combined Authority
- West Yorkshire Combined Authority
If you are unsure of whether or not you fall into a devolved area please contact the admin team who will be able to assist.
For more information please go to the following website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/adult-education-budget-aeb-devolution
All of our Distance Learning courses are fully-funded by the Government. In order to be eligible for this funding you should be aged 19+ and have lived in the European Union for 3 years or more. If you have any questions about your eligibility please contact our team on (01723) 356288. Please note that a fee is payable if students decide to withdraw from the course and do not complete their assessments.