Search for another distance learning course
utism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism – more than 1 in every 100. Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
What will you learn?
- Introduction toAutism
- Using a Person-Centered Approach to Support Individuals with Autism
- Communication and Social Interaction in Individuals with Autism
- Sensory Processing, Perception and Cognition in Individuals with Autism
- Supporting Positive Behaviour in Individuals with Autism
- Supporting Individuals with Autism to Live Healthy and Fulfilled Lives
All of our Distance Learning courses are fully-funded by the Government. In order to be eligible for this funding you should be aged 19+ and have lived in the European Union for 3 years or more. If you have any questions about your eligibility please contact our team on (01723) 356288. Please note that a fee is payable if students decide to withdraw from the course and do not complete their assessments.