A career in Early Years will open the door to a world of possibilities.
Our Early Years courses are available at Level/s 1, 2, 3
This hugely important vocation could see you play a part in creating the foundations of a child’s behaviour, education and aspirations. If you have a natural affinity with children and want to develop that into a career then our Early Years courses will equip you with all the knowledge and practical skills required to progress in to a job or on to Higher Education.
English & Maths
If you haven’t achieved a GCSE Grade 4 (C) in English and/or Maths you will be required to either; take a Functional Skills qualification if you have achieved a Grade 1 or 2, or retake the GCSE if you’ve achieved Grade 3. You will be fully supported by our specialist team ahead of taking the exam.
- Nursery Assistant
- Early Years Teacher
- Nursery Manager
- Classroom Support Worker
- Children's Rep Abroad
- Primary Teaching
- Children's Social Work
At Level 1, you could study:
- Growth and development of young children
- Supporting babies to play
- Finding out about Forest Schools
- Craft activities for young children
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
At Level 2, you could study:
- Support children with additional needs
- Support physical care routines for children
- Support the needs of babies and young children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- The Importance of play for early learning
- Introductory awareness of sensory loss
- Use observation, assessment and planning.
At Level 3, you could study:
- Health and wellbeing
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Early years education from birth to age five
- Professional development