A career in Early Years will open the door to a world of possibilities.
Our Early Years courses are available at Level/s 1, 2, 3
This hugely important vocation could see you play a part in creating the foundations of a child’s behaviour, education and aspirations. If you have a natural affinity with children and want to develop that into a career then our Early Years courses will equip you with all the knowledge and practical skills required to progress in to a job or on to Higher Education.
The Level 3 course forms one of the new T Levels, a brand-new qualification designed to give you a head start towards the future you want. They follow GCSEs and are equivalent to three A Levels. The two-year qualification brings classroom and work placement together, on a course designed in collaboration with the best employers.
At Level 1 you will study caring for children and expand your knowledge through Level 2 as you look at caring for young people.
English & Maths
If you haven’t achieved a GCSE Grade 4 (C) in English and/or Maths you will be required to either; take a Functional Skills qualification if you have achieved a Grade 1 or 2, or retake the GCSE if you’ve achieved Grade 3. You will be fully supported by our specialist team ahead of taking the exam.
- Nursery Assistant
- Early Years Teacher
- Nursery Manager
- Classroom Support Worker
- Children's Rep Abroad
- Primary Teaching
- Children's Social Work
At level 1 you could study:
- Growth and development of young children
- Supporting babies to play
- Finding out about Forest Schools
- Craft activities for young children
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
At Level 2 you could study:
- Support children with additional needs
- Support physical care routines for children
- Support the needs of babies and young children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- The Importance of play for early learning
- Introductory awareness of sensory loss
- Use observation, assessment and planning.
For the T Level in Education and Childcare you could study:
- Overview of childcare and education 0-19
- Child Development
- Supporting Education
- Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing
- Behaviour Observation and Assessment
- Equality and Diversity
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
- English as an Additional Language
- Parents, Families and Carers
- Working with Others Reflective Practice.