Apprenticeships are high quality, work based learning programmes comprising of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ), functional skills and, in most cases, a technical certificate. Vocational training is the ideal opportunity for career development, integration of both theoretical knowledge and practical skills to ensure a skilled workforce for the future.
Why should you choose an Apprenticeship?
Here’s 5 good reasons:
- Get paid whilst you learn
- Get experience of a real job
- Learn skills that are directly related to your job
- Most Apprentices continue working with their employers
- Apprenticeships make you more employable
If you’re 16 or over, you can become an Apprentice as long as you spend at least 50% of your working hours in England for the duration of the Apprenticeship and you are not in full-time education.