About Scarborough TEC
Scarborough TEC is a college which understands and meets the needs of students and employers.
Danny Metters joined Scarborough TEC as Principal in June 2022. He is passionate about the further and higher education sector and the positive impact this has on the next generation of industry specialists.
He originally started his studies within animal science and conservation, volunteering around the world, before teaching specialist subjects in animal management and veterinary science. His career continued to progress in teaching and learning, then into management and leadership.
This professional evolution supports his knowledge and understanding of the sector and has allowed him to develop good working relationships with a variety of awarding bodies, university partners, employers, regulatory and government bodies.
He is current in educational practices and approaches; leadership and management, pedagogy and curriculum and quality, with a proven track record in curriculum transformation to meet the needs of the college and its regional stakeholders.
Danny has previously held posts as Advanced Practitioner (leading the Teaching, Learning and Assessment Team), Head of Department, Assistant Principal (Further Education); Curriculum, Quality, Teaching & Learning, Assistant Principal of Riseholme College and Vice Principal of Riseholme College, part of Bishop Burton College.
We deliver study programmes that are directly related to current and future labour market needs, thereby supporting the region's vocational and technical skills requirements and the local economy.
We are a further and higher education college in Scarborough supported by a larger college group, the TEC Partnership.
Scarborough TEC includes dedicated facilities for the teaching of Construction, Engineering, Catering & Hospitality, Childcare, Health & Social Care, Creative and Performing Arts, Business, Computing, Games Design, Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Media Make-Up and many other technical and professional areas.
There is a firm emphasis on the development of flexible, higher-level skills, which have been identified as a key requirement for the wider economy going forward. Scarborough TEC also offers a wide range of apprenticeships and work-based training.
Scarborough TEC provides a clear line of sight to work and careers. It is our aim is to put a relentless focus on quality in teaching and to do so in a high-quality environment so that we deliver an excellent outcome for every student, be that an apprenticeship, job, job promotion or place studying degree-level qualifications. We also work collaboratively with other partners to deliver a range of higher education programmes that broaden the opportunities to study for a degree and other qualifications.
Why choose Scarborough TEC
- Many of our tutors have real industry experience
- You train in realistic working environments
- Study using industry-standard facilities and resources.
- We prepare you for what your future will hold
- Excellent links with local, national and international employers
- Dedicated Career Adviser to help you on the way to career success
- Industry-recognised qualifications
- Support and help to apply for jobs or university places
- The chance to undertake valuable work experience.
- Our learners go on to successful careers and top universities
- Many of our learners have been awarded national and international awards
- We train Apprentices who have gone on to have amazing careers
- We have strong partnerships with employers and the community.
- We are focused on making your time with us the best it can be, whether it’s sports events, educational visits or guest talks
- Progression coaches are on hand to provide our learners with a variety of support
- Free or subsidised learner-to-campus travel.